Through the talks, the leaders pushed for closing the negotiations for a free commerce settlement by the top of the yr, and agreed on a brand new and expanded bilateral defence and safety partnership.
After the talks, which had been held at Hyderabad House in Delhi, the prime ministers witnessed the alternate of a number of key agreements between the 2 international locations.
Listed here are the important thing quotes of PM Modi and Boris Johnson on the joint media briefing …
* PM Boris Johnson’s go to to India throughout ‘Azaadi Ka Amrit Mahotsav’ is historic.
* India is eager on having a free commerce pact with UK. We’ve got determined to do our greatest to conclude the settlement by the top of this yr
Have mentioned with PM Johnson the necessity for a ceasefire in Ukraine
* It’s obligatory that Afghan territory just isn’t used to unfold terrorism in different international locations.
* We reiterated significance of respect for territorial integrity & sovereignty of all international locations.
* We expressed our dedication to fulfilling guarantees made over the last COP 26. We invite the UK to affix India’s Nationwide Hydrogen Mission.
* Each India and UK have burdened on a free, open, inclusive & rules-based Indo-Pacific area. I welcome UK’s determination to affix the Indo-Pacific initiative.
PM Boris Johnson
* My buddy Prime Minister Modi, Narendra my ‘khaas dost’, I feel is the phrase I would like in Hindi. We had improbable two days in India.
* We’ve got had great talks immediately and have strengthened our relationship in each method. The partnership between India and Britain is without doubt one of the defining friendships of our occasions.
* We purpose to have a brand new free commerce settlement by Diwali. I’ve urged officers to get it carried out by Diwali.
* India and UK have agreed on a brand new and expanded defence in addition to safety partnership.
Felt like Sachin Tendulkar, Amitabh Bachchan after the wonderful reception I received in Gujarat yesterday
* Have shared pursuits in preserving the Indo-Pacific area free, open & rule-based. Additionally agreed to fight threats on air, area & maritime.
* This go to has deepened our relationship additional.
* Since final yr, the threats of autocratic coercion have grown even additional, due to this fact it’s important we deepen our cooperation together with our shared curiosity in preserving the Indo-Pacific open and free.
(With inputs from companies)