Mumbai Indians foreign recruits safely reach their destinations: franchise

Five-time champions Mumbai Indians said on Sunday that all their foreign players and support staff had reached their destinations safely after the IPL was suspended indefinitely in the middle of the 2021 season due to the Kovid-19 epidemic.

The lucrative league was shut down last week after COVID positive cases were reported in its bio-bubble.

“All the foreign members of the MI team have reached their destinations safely & soundly. Paltan, make sure you follow all the security protocols. Stay home. Stay safe,” MI said in a message on its Twitter handle.

A total of 14 foreign players and MI’s support staff left India after the Cash Rich Tournament ended on May 4.

According to MI, Kieran Pollard has reached Trinidad safely, with South African wicketkeeper-batsman Quinton de Kock and Marco Johnson landing in Johannesburg.

The Australian players of the franchise, including Chris Lynn, Nathan Coulter-Nile and support staff, arrived in the Maldives via a charter flight to head coach Mahela Jayawardene and they will be given a 14-day detention there.

MI’s New Zealand players, including Adam Milne, Jimmy Neesham and Trent Boult, and support staff, arrived in Auckland via a charter flight set up by the franchise.

India is witnessing the devastating second wave of the epidemic, with over 4 lakh latest cases and over 4000 deaths recorded in the last two days.

.



Source link

Leave a Comment

%d bloggers like this: