The fire broke out due to a short circuit in our Bhagwati Mother and Child Care OT on Kachari Road. Four children were admitted to the hospital and all were rushed to Anand Hospital. Family members of the doctor, who was trapped on the third floor, were also rescued when smoke billowed through several windows.
Listen to the news
No one was injured in the blaze, but millions worth of belongings and equipment were burnt. Firefighters put out the blaze shortly after, but family members were left in a state of panic. Glasses shattered in several places as smoke billowed. Firefighters also rescued five members of the doctor’s family who were trapped upstairs.
Dr. Harshit Dwivedi’s mother, there is a hospital named Bhagwati Mother and Child Care opposite Anand Hospital on Court Road. Four children were admitted there on Wednesday. He was accompanied by his parents and other relatives. The fire broke out in the evening due to a short circuit in the refrigerator kept in a part of the OT (operation theater) of the hospital. The entire hospital was engulfed in smoke as the blaze intensified.
Seeing this, panic broke out there. Staff on the spot immediately brought the children out with the help of family members. Relatives ran in panic, holding the children to their chests. All the children were rushed to Anand Hospital earlier. In this order he ran wherever he could.