News Desk, Amar Ujala, Lucknow
Published by: Pankaj Srivastava
Updated to Friday, 29 October 2021 1:17 PM IST
Amit Shah will launch a membership registration drive with the aim of making four crore BJP members in the state. Later at 1 pm, Shah will hold a meeting with senior party workers at the Indira Gandhi Foundation and hand over the responsibility of the Assembly elections to them.
– Photo: From BJP Twitter handle
Listen to the news
Later at 1 pm, Shah will hold a meeting with senior party workers at the Indira Gandhi Foundation and hand over the responsibility of the Assembly elections to them. The meeting also called on former MLAs and former MPs of the party as well as leaders in-charge and conveners of 80 Lok Sabha constituencies in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections. In the evening, Shah will decide the election strategy at a meeting with election in-charge Dharmendra Pradhan and seven election co-in-charges at the BJP state headquarters.
Highlights of Amit Shah’s speech
- I am here today to launch the BJP membership program. If I were to come here today, I would like to remind you for sure that this is the land of Baba Vishwanath and Rama, Krishna, Buddha, Maharaja Suheldev and Kabir.
- The BJP has done a job of bringing recognition to UP
- The BJP has done a great job of taking UP forward. The BJP has proved for the first time that governments are not for families, they are for the poor.
- The BJP is in the process of re-identifying Uttar Pradesh. The BJP has worked hard to make Uttar Pradesh a leading state in the country.
- Akhilesh ji, Give this account to the people of Uttar Pradesh, how many days have you been abroad in the last 5 years? Corona has come in the past, floods have hit UP, where are you? Give its calculation. These people ruled for themselves, for their family and for their caste and ruled for another.
- Friends, on the day of Diwali, decorate your door with the pylon ‘My Family, BJP Family’ and offer your support to the BJP.
- Today no one dares to flee. Earlier there were two or three Bahubali in each district, but today Bahubali does not appear even with binoculars.
- Today a 16-year-old girl can take jewelry and even go out on a Scooty at 12 o’clock at night.
- Modi brought electricity to every house in the state. We supplied gas to 11 crore households, which was formerly considered a joke by the people. “We have set a target of providing houses to 10 crore people and it will be completed soon,” he said.
- Friends, we will bring more than 300 seats again in 2022.
- You again formed the BJP government in 2019 and in 2017. If Modi wins twice with an absolute majority, all that credit will go to the great people of UP. The road to Delhi passes through Lucknow.
- If you win again with a two-thirds majority, Modi ji will pave the temple and build the temple soon.
- Akhilesh and Company also refused to pay five thousand rupees and said that they would build a temple there and did not say the date.
- Our promise to remove Article 370 from Kashmir, we will keep our election promise every time. We removed it when our government was formed. The BJP does as it is told.
CM Yogi said …
BJP Shakti Kendra in-charge, convener Yogi, who inaugurated the conference, said that the Bharatiya Janata Party had done as it was told. The Ayodhya dispute was also settled. Every BJP activist took and worked hard, then came to the Center for the second time and came to UP in 2017. Awadh Province is very important to us. Ayodhya, the birthplace of Lord Rama, also falls here. The people here are lucky to have the Home Minister here today. He said the whole world was watching the Dipotsavam program in Ayodhya, which would be preceded by a consultation program.