News Desk, Amar Ujala, New Delhi
Published by: Abhishek Dixit
Updated Saturday, 15 January 2022 08:04 PM IST
The situation is worse in Maharashtra, Delhi, West Bengal, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala. State governments are tightening sanctions to control the situation. Let’s find out where the corona situation is in the country …
Listen to the news
The number of Omicron cases in Kerala has reached 528
On Saturday, 48 new cases of the new variant Omicron were reported in Kerala. So far, a total of 528 people have been exposed to this variant. The Department of Health has provided information to this effect. Of the 48 newly registered cases, 33 came from low-risk countries and two from high-risk countries, Health Minister Veena George said.
Bengal: Sanctions extended till January 31
The West Bengal government has extended the ongoing Kovid-19 sanctions in the state till January 31. In addition, strict adherence to safety regulations allowed fairs to be held in a very limited manner on public grounds. This information is given in the official order. The state government has also allowed wedding ceremonies. Accordingly, wedding ceremonies can be held up to a maximum of 200 guests or 50 percent of the wedding venue capacity (whichever is less).
Corona reaches climax in Delhi: Satyender Jain
Delhi Health Minister Satyender Jain on Saturday said the government was looking into easing sanctions when the Kovid-19 pandemic peaked in the national capital and the number of infections dropped to 15,000. At the same time, out of 67624 samples researched in Delhi on Saturday, 30.64 per cent or 20718 samples were found to be infected with corona. During this time, 30 patients died. At the same time, 19554 patients were cured from the corona.
Toughness has also increased in Assam
Assam Chief Minister Himanta Biswa Sharma has said that those who have not been fully vaccinated will not be allowed to enter public places like district courts, hotels and markets from tomorrow. There is no lockdown situation in Assam yet, but wearing a mask is mandatory.
Corona positive for Priyank Kharge
Karnataka Congress MLA Priyank Kharge’s Corona report came in positive. Kharge took part in a walkout by the party demanding implementation of the Mekedatu project. He said my corona report came positive after so many negative tests. Thankfully all of my staff reported negative.
Find out what happened in the country today in the case of Corona.
- Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Ajit Pawar said at the Kovid-19 review meeting on Friday that it was decided that there was no need for any change in the guidelines and sanctions issued. We have instructed medical stores to keep records of people who purchase COVID-19 antigen self test kits.
- With 32,793 new corona cases coming up in Karnataka on Saturday, the positivity rate has risen to 15%. Karnataka Minister Dr K Sudhakar provided information to this effect.
- In the last 24 hours in Mumbai, 10,661 new corona cases were reported and 11 patients died. Active cases 73,518.
- In the last 24 hours, 23,989 new corona cases were reported in Tamil Nadu. Eleven people were killed in the sequence. The total number of active cases was 1,31,007.
- A weekly lockdown has been declared in Jammu and Kashmir. The shopkeeper said that the police had appealed to keep the shops closed in view of the Kovid situation. This step of administration is right, we are following it.
- 17,755 new corona cases were reported in Kerala on Saturday. During this time, 17 patients died. Active cases 90,649.